TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy.
1. Assist the Regional Policy Manager and Head of Brazil Public Policy to build public policy strategy to ensure the success of product and corporate goals in Brazil;
2. Carry-out research and reporting on domestic and international policy issues relevant to the company;
3. Inform the cross-functional product and corporate team on policy and regulatory developments in Brazil that could present risks with implications for the company and its products
4. Identify and coordinate outreach to relevant policy stakeholders on national, state, and municipal levels
5. Assess implications of and advise on product and feature launches within country
1. Strong research and analysis abilities: the individual will need to take complex situations and effectively communicate their implications for the company, as well as argue priorities for the public policy function;
2. Professionalism: all research, reporting, documents, and presentations must be of the highest professional quality;
3. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment: the individual will need to manage competing priorities and tight deadlines;
4. Strong teamwork and communication skills: the individual will need to work with other departments including, but not limited to policy/legal/PR staff to assess need, alignment and path for collaboration. Advanced level Chinese is a must;
5. Discipline and self-drive: the successful candidate will potentially work remotely from his or her immediate supervisor. The successful candidate will also potentially travel domestically and/or internationally. He/she needs a strong sense of responsibility and self-drive.
6. Language: Native Portuguese and near native English and Spanish are a must. Chinese is a plus.
– 3-4 years of government relations experience in major multinational corporations or international organizations;
– Experience in a tech company, especially a user driven content platform is a plus;
– Existing network in the technology sector in Brazil
– At least a B.A. Degree in law, international relations, or public policy is preferred.