Site Consulado Geral Britânico
O Consulado Geral Britânico em Recife combina todas as atividades do Governo de Sua Majestade na região em um único escritório. Ele trabalha para construir relações abrangentes e mutuamente benéficas entre os nossos dois governos e povos nas áreas de comércio e investimento, inovação, educação, cultura, meio ambiente e defesa. O consulado também presta assistência consular aos cidadãos britânicos que vivem ou visitam a nossa área de cobertura.
Main purpose of job
- To support activities of the Department for International Trade (DIT) team in Recife in the promotion of technology related goods and services from the UK into the Brazilian market.
- Facilitate activities for the promotion of the UK as a market destination for Brazilian technology companies to expand internationally.
- Help in general administrative duties of the DIT and Consulate in Recife.
What will the jobholder be expected to achieve?
- Conduct market and sector researches, producing reports when necessary;
- Monitor the internet, newspapers and specialised magazines, gathering information for the team and producing newsletters;
- Provide support in the organisation of events (trade missions and fairs), official visits, seminars and workshops;
- Assist the team with Overseas Market Introduction Services (OMIS) for UK companies in the respective sectors;
- Keep the internal Customer Relationship Management database system updated;
- Give support to possible demands from other UK partners in Brazil;
- Provide administrative support to the DIT ‘Tech and Smart Cities’ sector team.
Essential on arrival:
- 2nd or 3rd year undergraduate student in International Relations, Political Science, International Trade or Business Administration, Technology or IT related fields;
- Microsoft Office literate.
- Mush be fluent in Portuguese and English (written and spoken).
- Pro-active self-starter, organised, responsible, communicative and creative, team player, willing to learn and receive feedback, enthusiastic ‘people person’.
- Experience in managing social media platforms for commercial purposes.
- Knowledge of pipeline management.
- Experience of collecting, organising and presenting data from commercial contacts.
- Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Demonstrating Resilience
31 May 2020
Part-Time, Fixed term, with possibility of renewal
- Latin America and Spanish speaking Caribbean
- British Consulate General
- 13 July 2020
- Must be eligible to live and work in Brazil in your own right.
- The British Embassy Network offers a strong benefits package. This package includes generous vacation and leave time, flexible working patterns, and enriching learning and development opportunities.
- Due to COVID-19 we are unable to confirm any start date of employment at this time. We will continue to monitor progress and developments, and will be touch as soon as there is an update.
Learning and development opportunities:
- Essential HMG training will be given at the beginning of the Internship, with on-the-job training available throughout.
- Working hours 30 per week, no more than 6 hours per day, starting and finishing times flexible within 08:00-18:00. Interns must leave work premises no later than 18:00.
- The intern will develop the skills required for the promotion of international trade, including aspects related to business development, policymaking and marketing.
- He or she will also gain experience in event logistics, administrative tasks and sector knowledge (Technology and Smart Cities)
Para se candidatar a esta vaga visite fco.tal.net.