International Organization for Migration
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN Agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and nongovernmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
1. Coordinate with travel agencies for the issue of staff and beneficiaries’ tickets booking;
2. Assist staff with travel documents and planning;
3. Communicating with partners and invitees;
4. Register migrant cases in IOM systems;
5. Register flights’ costs in IOM systems and processing of invoices;
6. Production of reports;
7. Assist in events and courses planning and coordination;
8. Support movement operations;
9. Review and ensure that forms are duly completed, and all supporting documents are attached for financial procedures;
10. Provide advice and guidance to all staff in the office with respect to operations and administrative instructions, procedures, processes and practices;
11. Support in other administrative and logistical routines;
12. Perform other duties within capabilities as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
University degree in International Relations, Public or Private Administration, Economics or related areas, in Brazil or abroad, from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience.
Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience;
Experience organizing events and travel;
Experience in international organizations;
Experience with operational systems is advantageous;
Experience with migration, in either public or private sector, international organizations or civil society is advantageous.
Required: English (Fluent)
Advantageous: Portuguese and Spanish
Competencies The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Interested candidates should send the following documents from July 19 to 24,2019, specifying in the Subject Field: “Selective Process – Operations Assistant”:
– Curriculum Vitae in English – maximum 3 pages [pdf format]
– Motivation Letter in English – maximum 1 page [pdf format]
– Proof of proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, CAE or similar OR certificate of English course completion at advanced/proficient level + experience working in English)
– Two professional references (Name, occupation, relationship, phone and e-mail)
Only pre-selected candidates for interviews will be contacted.
- Obrigatório envio dos itens descritos acima , caso não seja enviado o candidato será desqualificado.