Embaixada da Noruega
The Norwegian government has since 2008 supported global efforts to promote sustainable land-use and reduce emissions from tropical forests through the Norwegian International Climate and Forest Initiative (NICFI). 2018 marked ten years of the climate and forest partnership between Norway and Brazil. In addition to the Amazon Fund, Norway has supported a variety of government, civil society, and private sector actors in their efforts to reduce deforestation, promote sustainable land-use and support indigenous rights. For more information about the climate and forest collaboration between Norway and Brazil, see: www.miljo.no/climateforest/brazil
- The Climate Change and Forest team at the Embassy encompasses two diplomats and three programme officers. The team is responsible for the Embassy’s programs and activities related to climate change, forests, and indigenous peoples. From January 2020, there will be a vacancy as Programme Officer: Climate Change and Environment. The position is for a fixed, two-year term.
- Grant management
- Organization of events, meetings and visits
- Communication of results
- Other tasks as required
- Travel within Brazil expected
- Higher education within the fields of Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences, Economics or Law, preferably at Master’s level – or relevant work experience.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese, written and spoken.
Proven skills and relevant experience:
- Experience with grant management and/or project management in an international setting
- Experience within the field of sustainable land-use and reduced deforestation
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- A good sense of order, accuracy and punctuality
- Service minded and flexible
- A dynamic work environment with professional colleagues
- Remuneration according to qualifications and local regulations
- Modern and functional office premises
- Please forward the following as one PDF-document
- Cover letter in English
- Short CV with two references in English